Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to use car chargers with my new iPhone 7 plus?

I've heard some people say you should not be using car chargers with iPhones because it is bad for the battery.

I have a duracell 2.1 amp charger with USB and lightning cable.

Posted on Nov 11, 2016 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2016 1:43 PM

No, car chargers are not bad for the battery. It is better to by one that is certified for the iPhone but the one you have should not damage your battery at all.

2 replies

Nov 11, 2016 2:42 PM in response to tyler82

Hi

Subject to following Apple's guidance, car chargers are not harmful to iPhone. When using electronic accessories with your iPhone, Apple advises ensuring that they are either genuine Apple products or that they have been certified as Made for iPhone under the MFi program.

Certified items come with the "Made for iPhone" logo on them and/or on their packaging.

User uploaded file

Using uncertified or counterfeit accessories may damage your iPhone and/or adversely affect operation. Apple's warranty does not cover damage caused by use with a third party product that does not meet Apple's specifications.

MFi-certified car chargers in the Apple Online Store in the US include:

Belkin car charger:

Belkin car charger with built-in Lightning cable:

More information:

About iPhone, iPad, and iPod accessories - Apple Support

Is it safe to use car chargers with my new iPhone 7 plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.