Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing .ics file into calendar

Hi all,

For a few years I have imported my work schedule into my iPhone calendar by way of a .ics file attached to an email. Normally I open the attachment, the events appear in a list and I tap "Add all" at the top, choose the calendar I want to add to and it's done.

Since updating to iOS 10, the "Add all" button no longer appears, only "done". I can add each event individually, but I can only add one at a time. Then I have to close the whole attachment, reopen it, add the next event, close it, etc etc.

Anyone come across this? Is it a glitch in iOS 10 or am I missing something?

It's an iPhone 6, exactly the same now happens on my iPad running iOS 10 as well.

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 12, 2016 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2017 8:34 PM

I spent about an hour trying to fix this problem before I came across the solution. Simply open your email in safari and click on the file attachment in the browser and it gives you the option to add all when it was absent in other places.

3 replies

Jan 8, 2017 9:16 AM in response to woottsbj25

I have the same problem. The strange thing is that I email the file to quite a few people and some of them still get the option to add all. The ones that can and can't all have the latest OSX and all have different iPhones and iPads, so there doesn't appear to be any obvious common hardware or software issue.

The only way around it I have found if you have a mac computer is to open the file on the mac and the option to add all is there.

As my diary is in the cloud, I can then see it on my iPhone and iPad. This isn't any good for the ones that don't have a mac.

In Dec 2013, 2014 and 2015 everyone got the option to add all so what has changed since??

Importing .ics file into calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.