Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help to update my facebook app on my iphone 6 because it wont work it is still running the old facebook version but i have ios 10 on my iphone but no facebook live content ??

I need help to update my facebook app on my iphone 6 because it wont work it is still running the old facebook version but i have ios 10 on my iphone but no facebook live content ??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2016 4:03 PM

3 replies

Nov 13, 2016 4:37 PM in response to Goldenchild1

The iOS version and the version of Facebook's updates have very little to do with one another.

Go to your App Store application, go to the far right tab labeled "Updates" on the bottom of the screen. It should refresh and load all your needed updates to the top of the screen, then find Facebook and download the latest version if it is available.

If it isn't showing an available update, you may want to try uninstalling the app, then reinstalling it.

Nov 13, 2016 5:04 PM in response to MacaroniMahoney

MacaroniMahoney wrote:

The iOS version and the version of Facebook's updates have very little to do with one another.

If it isn't showing an available update, you may want to try uninstalling the app, then reinstalling it.

Each iOS app has a version, and it would reflect what is showing in the App Store, and where I indicated in Settings. That allows the OP to determine if they have the latest version if no update is showing. If they are the same, then there is not going to be an update, and uninstalling would not change that. Especially if the latest version is installed. At that point it would be necessary for them to contact Facebook for any additional support.

Nov 13, 2016 4:16 PM in response to Goldenchild1

If you go to the App Store do you see a notice of update? If not, then check the App Store to see what is the latest version number, then check to see if you have that version installed. You can find that information on your device by going to Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage, and under Storage, go to Manage Storage, find the Facebook app, tap on it, and it will show the version number. If it matches what is in the App Store and you are not seeing what you expect in Facebook, then contact Facebook support for help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.