Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I unsplit my Ipad screen?

My fairly new IPad has developed a split screen that I don't want.

How can I get the single screen back?

iPad Mini

Posted on Nov 14, 2016 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2016 1:47 AM

Are you referring to split screen in Safari while your surfing the web, or is it split screen all the time? If it's in Safari you can click the icon that looks like two squares (one on top of the other) on the right hand side of the bar across the bottom of the screen. There will be two of them, one for each window. Just press and hold on one of them and you'll get some options to close the tab, start a new tab, or merge all tabs. If it's split screen all the time like there are two apps running at the same time, you can simply grab the line in the middle and slide it off the screen (basically pushing the split off the screen).

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2016 1:47 AM in response to christaroth

Are you referring to split screen in Safari while your surfing the web, or is it split screen all the time? If it's in Safari you can click the icon that looks like two squares (one on top of the other) on the right hand side of the bar across the bottom of the screen. There will be two of them, one for each window. Just press and hold on one of them and you'll get some options to close the tab, start a new tab, or merge all tabs. If it's split screen all the time like there are two apps running at the same time, you can simply grab the line in the middle and slide it off the screen (basically pushing the split off the screen).

Nov 15, 2016 9:43 PM in response to christaroth

christaroth wrote:

Thank you Brian for your help, but I am afraid none of this works.

Any other ideas? The screen seems 'locked' as I cannot grab the centre line nor bring in either of the sides.

Christa

In the bottom of each window in safari when you have it in split screen, you'll see some control icons. There is the icon for going back, and going forward. Next to those is a few more. If you press and hold on the icon all the way to the right which looks like on square on top of another you'll get a menu that pops up. Once that pops up, you'll see "Merge All Tabs". If you click on that, you'll get all your tabs on one screen and you'll have removed the split screen. The clicking and dragging the size of the windows from the bar in the middle, that is only used when you have multiple apps open at once not safari.

Can I unsplit my Ipad screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.