Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 7 PLUS BATTERY ISSUES

Hi Experts

I've been using Iphone 7 plus for over a month and i'm happy with the over all performance . Recently of my wifi issues at home ,i've switched to use 4G services of my network.since then the battery performance is pathetic . i was hardly getting 5 hrs of usage time . i use 4G only to check my emails and whatsapp and switch it off completely .in the battery usage list 'settings' is shown as 70% even though all 4G and wifi services are switched off . the performance is better if i do a restart of the phone .but i believe there is a serious issue in the phone . any help is highly appreciated

Regards

Harsha

Posted on Nov 14, 2016 10:57 PM

4 replies

Nov 15, 2016 3:41 PM in response to Harshaformac

Hi Harshaformac,

It sounds like you're experiencing an abnormal battery drain.

Thanks for highlighting the steps taken to isolate the battery drain thus far.

We would like to ensure you have a backup for your device before continuing. Please take a look at these articles to verify a backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Upon completing that step, we recommend attempting to Restore the iPhone via iTunes to attempt to repair the iOS Software that could be causing this concern. You can follow the steps here:
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Nov 25, 2016 9:05 AM in response to Harshaformac

Harshaformac,

At this point you should see what it is that has drained your battery.

Go to Settings > Battery.
Here it should show you what has used the battery, tell me what's used more than 15%.

I recommend giving this a few days, as your battery may drain more quickly from heavy use during the restoration of data, such as reinstalling apps and downloading information that occurs after you restore your iPhone.

Regardless of how you choose to continue, let us know how the battery performs and what has used the battery according to the usage statistics.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Dec 5, 2016 6:48 PM in response to Rigo_O86

Hi

Thank you for the prompt response . i took some time to observe the behaviour of the phone and to my surprise the problem has started again . please look at the below screenshots and let me know what needs to be done

battery status before i went to bed :

standby - 9 hrs 40 min

usage - 5hrs 20 min

battery level - 58%

Early morning status

standby - 18hrs 7 min

Usage - 14hrs 27min (i have never seen this usage timings before. the max i have got is 10hrs.)

Battery - 24%

i have no idea what the phone is doing at night when it is not in use and it is not connected to WIFI or 4G.do i need to restore again ? i have done it 3 times already 😟

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Regards

Harsha

IPHONE 7 PLUS BATTERY ISSUES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.