Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple store invoice email scam

I received an email receipt that says it is coming from the ITunes store. The email says it's for a music membership and it was made from Sono's iPhone? My name is Kimberly. It also says it was purchased in GBP, while I am from the US.

There is a link to cancel and manage the subscription, but i don't want to click on that.

There is other information like the invoice number, ID number, document number, and a sequence number.

Is this a scam email and how do I know?

Posted on Nov 15, 2016 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2016 12:05 AM

It's a phishing email (that particular one, 'Sono's iPhone' has been posted a few times on here), trying to get your account and payment details - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Genuine emails will tend to be personalised (not 'hello', 'dear customer' etc), be written in proper grammatical English, and prices will be correct (e.g. UK prices are '£', not 'GBP')

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2016 12:05 AM in response to pierrekd

It's a phishing email (that particular one, 'Sono's iPhone' has been posted a few times on here), trying to get your account and payment details - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Genuine emails will tend to be personalised (not 'hello', 'dear customer' etc), be written in proper grammatical English, and prices will be correct (e.g. UK prices are '£', not 'GBP')

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apple store invoice email scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.