Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I Reset An iPhone 5s Without The Sim?

Is it possible to factory reset my iPhone 5s without the sim card in it? I figured that I won't lose all my data if the sim is removed, as this is where it's stored. Is this possible, or will I lose the data anyway?

iPhone 5s, Current provider is Virgin

Posted on Nov 16, 2016 6:04 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2016 6:11 AM in response to nubabe

Hi

Restoring an iPhone to factory settings removes all content and settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings - Apple Support

You may wish to make a backup of your iPhone before restoring it and then restore your content and settings again afterwards (your data is not stored on your SIM card):

Nov 16, 2016 6:32 AM in response to Jonathan UK

So how come that EVERYthing on my old iPhone 5 was transferred to my new 5s without me having to do anything AT ALL? It even copied all my old text messages across! Even my wallpapers! All I did was put my original sim card in my new phone and hey presto! There it all was. I was quite shocked actually, 'cos I thought that I would only get my iCloud copies back, even though I only store my photos on there. Nothing else was backed up to my iCloud. Please explain how this is possible if it's all stored on the phone and not the sim. My head hurts! lol

Can I Reset An iPhone 5s Without The Sim?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.