Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID thinks I am somewhere else!

I have just tried to sign into the Apple ID section of the Apple website and I have a message pop up instantly that says: "Your Apple ID is being used to sign in to a new device. Your Apple ID is being used to sign in to a device near Middlesbrough, England."

I am nowhere near Middlesbrough! Why does it think I am there and how can I change it?

I am using a 21.5" iMac running MacOS Sierra

Thanks

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Nov 16, 2016 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2017 2:22 PM

Same problem here, working on my macbook, signed into iCloud and my iPhone says someone is signing in to my iCloud in Manchester (I live on the South Coast and have never been to Manchester!). I checked all my stuff nothing looks amiss, changed all my passwords for EVERYTHING. Signed out and in again on my Apple TV with new password and get same message on my iPhone. Am with Virgin Media for broadband, who I'm interested to see have offices in Manchester......thoughts?

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2017 2:22 PM in response to Ian1002

Same problem here, working on my macbook, signed into iCloud and my iPhone says someone is signing in to my iCloud in Manchester (I live on the South Coast and have never been to Manchester!). I checked all my stuff nothing looks amiss, changed all my passwords for EVERYTHING. Signed out and in again on my Apple TV with new password and get same message on my iPhone. Am with Virgin Media for broadband, who I'm interested to see have offices in Manchester......thoughts?

Sep 6, 2017 8:33 AM in response to tina3333

There is a wire going from your house to equipment owned by your Internet service provider. There is a wire from that equipment back to your providers central office. Your ISP may have a network entirely owned by them that stretches for hundreds of miles, possibly into another state, where their network connects to the Internet. That is the egress point. It could be down the street from you, it could be far removed from your actual location.

My Apple ID thinks I am somewhere else!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.