Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad screen turned white but apps seem to still be running.

My iPad Air screen suddenly went white with some black vignette around the edges. When I turned it on it had a few stripes of grey and some grey dots approximately where the app icons would have been but they eventually faded to white. I have tried hard rebooting it (holding the top button and the home button together for 10 seconds). I also reset and restored it through iTunes and updated the iOS, but it didn't change anything. I had been able to get it back to normal for a couple minutes by just randomly pressing buttons, however it was short lived. Another time I was able to get it back (sort of) but there was a white vignette around the edges. Any thoughts on what might be happening? It has not been dropped or exposed to heat, cold or moisture.

User uploaded file

iPad Air

Posted on Nov 17, 2016 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2016 6:33 AM

My guess is that there's a failure of the digitizer/graphics/display.

I Would make an appointment at your local apple store or authorized service provider and have them check it out

2 replies

My iPad screen turned white but apps seem to still be running.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.