Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! Missing iPhone disappeared from devices list on Find My IPhone after it was found?

So I received a legitimate message from APPLE saying that the iPhone I lost months ago has been found. I clicked everything but it does not show me a location. I'm so frustrated and on top of that, after I tried to sign in my lost iPhone's iCloud account, IT DELETED THE LOST IPHONE'S DEVICE FROM MY FIND MY IPHONE APP. How do I fix this?? And why does Apple tell me my device has been found but THE EXACT LOCATION IS NOT SHOWING?!

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 18, 2016 10:24 PM

12 replies

Nov 19, 2016 7:08 AM in response to drozayy

Whatever you got was NOT a legitimate Apple message. Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen private property at all. They do not look for or monitor for your missing device and will not notify you, ever, about it. Nobody is looking for your missing device but you, and maybe the police if you reported it stolen.

Find my iPhone is a service for you to search for your missing device. Nobody else is out there searching for it on your behalf. Apple provides the service for users to make use of, but they do not look for or monitor people's devices for them.

If you responded to those messages and entered your AppleID and password at some point, you provided the scammers with access to your account. They could then log in, as you, and remove the device from find my iPhone in your iCloud accout.

You need to (re)secure your AppleID and iCloud account - If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Nov 19, 2016 7:27 AM in response to drozayy

Fine then. Believe what you wish. But Apple does not look for nor alert you about any missing devices you own. They have never done that. They do not get involved with lost or missing devices AT ALL.

see Report a lost or stolen Apple product - Apple Support

...Other than the Find My iPhone and Find My Mac apps, there is no other Apple service that finds, tracks, or otherwise flags your device for you.

The fact your device was removed from your iCloud's find my iPhone list is proof SOMEBODY has your login ID and password, and it is NOT Apple.

Nov 19, 2016 7:43 AM in response to drozayy

In the very first screenshot that you provided, look at the link to the website that you provided. That is NOT an Apple website, and it is a scam. You provided your information to someone that located your device, and now they logged into your iCloud account, to remove the device from Find My iPhone. As others have told you, and you seem not to want to believe, you were scammed, and your device is gone now. You will not be getting it back. Apple does not track devices for people and does not transmit found iPhone messages via text. Accept it.

Nov 19, 2016 8:26 AM in response to drozayy

You can try and prove it's legit, but it isn't.

Apple does not do what this txt implies. They do not find lost devices and report them to you.

They don't do this.

The link in the preview section there does not belong to Apple.

"findmyapple-iph..."

expand it and see..

If you can still access your Apple ID, that still proves little. All this means is they have your phone and it's not activation locked. They had no interest in your Apple account. They wanted, and now have, your device.

Nov 19, 2016 11:34 AM in response to drozayy

drozayy wrote:

So you mean to tell me that the person who scammed me works for Apple? Because they are using a legitimate Apple number.

It is common practice for phishing scams to spoof text message short codes, telephone numbers, URLs, email addresses - anything that can be spoofed or forged will be to make you believe they are who they want you to think they are so you will respond as they wish you to.

Nobody could possible remove your device from your iCloud account's list of tracked devices without knowing your AppleID and login password. That very fact tells you your account was compromised, plain and simple.

And despite what you wish to have be true, the reality is Apple does not find nor report finding lost or stolen property. Liability and privacy laws and legal issues make that a legal minefiled that no reasonable company will ever become involved in what happens to your private property. Apple advises you to report it to your carrier and the police, but they themselves do not take, record, monitor nor respond to any information at all about the whereabouts of lost or stolen property.

Anyone ever claiming to have found your lost or stolen device is most certainly not Apple.

HELP! Missing iPhone disappeared from devices list on Find My IPhone after it was found?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.