Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore Photos after iPhone reset?

Hello Guys,

I took lot of photos and videos but my nephew recently reset my iPhone accidentally. I didn't took any iTunes backup nor did i took the iCloud backup. There is one iTunes backup which is many months old and hence it is not useful. From what I have understood that if either of the backup is taken, all of the files can be restored via third party software. Since I am new to the iPhone environment, I wasn't aware about this fact (and also I thought nothing goes wrong with the iPhone)

Sadly, now I'm stuck in this situation and after asking couple of people, I am hoping to get some answers here. How can I restore photos/videos in this situation? Please help. Is there any third party software that can help.Or does apple care can be helpful

Hoping for some positive reply!

Thanks

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Nov 19, 2016 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2016 9:09 AM

Hi

If you have not made any iTunes backups or any iCloud backups and you are not using iCloud Photo Library or My Photo Stream, then I'm afraid there is no way to recover the lost photos or videos.

Moving forward, be sure to make regular backups:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Options for managing photos include:

Import photos and videos to your PC and delete them from your iPhone:

Enable iCloud Photo Library (including the option to Optimise Storage).

• Optimise Storage frees up storage space on your iPhone by keeping space saving versions of all of your photos and videos on your iPhone and full size originals in iCloud.
    • Files are optimised automatically, as required.
  • Note that, when using iCloud Photo Library, deleting a photo or video on any device that is using the service also deletes it from all other devices that are using the service, including from iCloud.
  • iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If necessary, you may wish to consider upgrading your iCloud storage plan, in order accommodate more pictures and videos:

iCloud storage upgrades and downgrades - Apple Support

More information:

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2016 9:09 AM in response to romiln

Hi

If you have not made any iTunes backups or any iCloud backups and you are not using iCloud Photo Library or My Photo Stream, then I'm afraid there is no way to recover the lost photos or videos.

Moving forward, be sure to make regular backups:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Options for managing photos include:

Import photos and videos to your PC and delete them from your iPhone:

Enable iCloud Photo Library (including the option to Optimise Storage).

• Optimise Storage frees up storage space on your iPhone by keeping space saving versions of all of your photos and videos on your iPhone and full size originals in iCloud.
    • Files are optimised automatically, as required.
  • Note that, when using iCloud Photo Library, deleting a photo or video on any device that is using the service also deletes it from all other devices that are using the service, including from iCloud.
  • iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If necessary, you may wish to consider upgrading your iCloud storage plan, in order accommodate more pictures and videos:

iCloud storage upgrades and downgrades - Apple Support

More information:

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

How to restore Photos after iPhone reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.