Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Related Article: Set up Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Pay not showing up on my OS Sierra Safari when I have it set up on iPhone and Apple Watch?

My devices:

• 13" MBPr macOS Sierra 10.12.1
  • iPhone SE iOS 10.1.1
  • Apple Watch watchOS 3.1

I have Apple Pay set up on both my SE and my Apple Watch, so I can use it on websites that support it through my SE's Safari. However, I can't see the option on my MacBook. Is there something I need to do to set it up on Mac?

I've checked my devices on iCloud, and both SE and Watch have Apple Pay listed, but not my Mac.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Nov 21, 2016 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2016 4:02 AM

Hi

To use Apple Pay on supported websites using a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID:

Add a card (or cards) to your Mac via Systems Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.

To use Apple Pay on supported websites on older Macs (supported for models from 2012 and newer with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch):

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.

In either case, also:

On your Mac, open Safari > Preferences > Privacy (tab) > check the box for Apple Pay.

More information:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2016 4:02 AM in response to an0nymouz

Hi

To use Apple Pay on supported websites using a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID:

Add a card (or cards) to your Mac via Systems Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.

To use Apple Pay on supported websites on older Macs (supported for models from 2012 and newer with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch):

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay - turn on Allow Payments on Mac.

In either case, also:

On your Mac, open Safari > Preferences > Privacy (tab) > check the box for Apple Pay.

More information:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac - Apple Support

Nov 28, 2016 6:39 AM in response to Donutmaster

The originator of this thread has the same symptom I have. On Apple.com, setup a purchase and when you get to the payment phase, there should be a button for Pay with Apple Pay.

I spent 2 hours with Apple Support the other day, and the second level support person did something in my iCloud account. Finally, there was the long missing Apple Pay button. Tested later with my other Mac and there as well.

The next day, missing again on both of my Macs. VERY flakey system in my experience. However, the iPad Apple Store app always supplies the button.

Nov 28, 2016 11:52 AM in response to Donutmaster

If they were any closer they would be married!

Plus I am also using the 2016 MacBook with Apple Pay built in and cards added. Which means there is no additional device to NOT work right, as when I am using my iMac.

Apple support verified everything setup on the MacBook for Apple Pay in Safari. I am awaiting a call back from the second level support person I dealt with on the weekend

Why is Apple Pay not showing up on my OS Sierra Safari when I have it set up on iPhone and Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.