Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plantronics M70 Bluetooth Headset problem after update

Hi,

My Plantronics M70 is not working well after updating my Iphone 6s to ios 10.1.1.

What happens most of the times is when the phone rings and i press the button on the headset to accept the call, it actually won't answer.

If it does, i just don't hear anything.

anyone with similar issues?

I have contacted Plantronics and they said that it maybe damaged or something.

I believe its something with the update.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2016 12:19 PM

8 replies

Nov 22, 2016 7:46 AM in response to marek.hansa

I have read that a number of Plantronics devices are having difficulty with iOS 10. One user reports contacting Plantronics about their device and Plantronics reported that their device will not work with the latest version of Bluetooth with the iPhone. You might want to contact Plantronics again and see if there is a firmware update for your device, or what other support they have for their devices.

Nov 22, 2016 7:56 AM in response to harrisfromcyp

You can believe what you want, but it is not an update issue. You can remove the Plantronics device from the iPhone and then try pairing it again, but you cannot delete the Bluetooth profile in the iPhone. After removing the Plantronics from the iPhone, follow Plantronics instructions to reset their device to factory specs. After that, put it into discovery/pairing mode. Make sure you turn Bluetooth on for the iPhone and see if it discovers the Plantronics headset. If so, then pair it. If you have issues after that, you need to speak to Plantronics.

Dec 21, 2016 5:44 AM in response to harrisfromcyp

Hi,

I had the exact same M70 malfunction as yours.

For your own information, M70 can't perform firmware update !!! So, i had a web chat with Plantronics support team a while ago and their suggestion was as follow ...

1 - Delete the M70 connection from your iPhone.

2 - Reboot the phone.

3 - Reconnect the bluetooth by the pairing procedure.

4 - Try to make a few calls in order to check if the fault was solved.

However, after following the procedures above, i made four - five internal & external calls and M70 seems to work well, for the moment . If your headset is still remains defective, they gave me the below final option.

5 - Please ask for the device replacement.

I hope that helps ...

Plantronics M70 Bluetooth Headset problem after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.