Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I check if my iPhone is recalled?

I have an iPhone 6s Plus. I have been having battery issues and I was wondering if mine may have been one of recalled phones.

Thank You,

Stephen

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Posted on Nov 21, 2016 2:26 PM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2016 2:41 AM in response to ScubaSteve_1

Hi

There is currently no exchange or repair extension program for iPhone 6s Plus.

If you are experiencing battery issues, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having your iPhone checked and, if recommended, serviced (whether under warranty or via chargeable repair service):

Nov 22, 2016 3:10 AM in response to ScubaSteve_1

Same problem with my 6s plus. It is turning off sometimes despite the battery being 30-40% charged. Talked to Apple support yesterday and got the response that the exchange program apparently is only for the 6s as there was no mention about the plus. Was recommended to visit an Apple store as the guy apparently couldn't check serial numbers online from the call center. In fact I got the impression that he had no idea about the battery exchange program at all and I apparently was the first customer to tell him that apple has launched that program one day before.

Since then I searched online and found many 6s plus users having the same shutdown issue despite ok battery levels. So while the problem obviously isn't limited to 6s the exchange program apparently is. Just wonder if the battery is the real issue or if it is a SW/Firmware problem of iOS 10.x.x. I'm running 10.1.1 and the issue only occured after the iOS 10 update. So just struggling to find the time to go to an Apple store for now.

How do I check if my iPhone is recalled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.