Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 water stains screen

Hello !

My phone had a very low sound comes out of the earpiece speaker where i could barely hear any phone calls and i had to use either speaker or earphones to receive calls.

I did try to clean it using toothbrush and toothpick but got nothing and then i decided to use an electronic cleaning solvent and dust cleaner. I successfully managed to blow up and gently remove any dust/dirt from the mesh (it was totally blocked !) ...

unfortunately, the screen is damaged and the backlight is not working properly anymore ...

I did try the rice thing but it didn't work , what should i do?

The iphone is working pretty well and screen touch and all it is functionality as well User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2016 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2016 1:30 AM

You'll have to get the phone serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If you are lucky, only the screen needs to be replaced, if there is more damage, you might have to pay the Out-Of-Warranty fee, to get the whole unit replaced.

Service Answer Center - iPhone

Start a service request

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Make an Apple Store appointment

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2016 1:30 AM in response to Cool Grumpy

You'll have to get the phone serviced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If you are lucky, only the screen needs to be replaced, if there is more damage, you might have to pay the Out-Of-Warranty fee, to get the whole unit replaced.

Service Answer Center - iPhone

Start a service request

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Make an Apple Store appointment

Iphone 6 water stains screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.