Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Spam events

Hi, I've also just started receiving spam events into iCloud Calendar. There is no corresponding email and my email settings 'add invitations to calendar' is (& always was) set to 'never'. I've tried transferring the event to another calendar and then deleting the calendar but I can't do this without notifying the spammer. Already I have by mistake declined one of these events, what have I exposed myself to? How do I stop this/protect myself from this? Here is an example:

$19.99 Ray-ban&Oakley Black Friday In-Store & Online

www.rboutletshoppings.com $19.99 Ray-ban&Oakley Black Friday In-Store & Online

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 25, 2016 4:24 AM

11 replies

Nov 25, 2016 8:42 AM in response to AndrewA5

I have been getting the exact same message. It's been happening to me over the past month. I just kept deleting them, but they're coming back and it's annoying to get these notifications. I want to know how to close my calendar so that only I can add events to my calendars. iCal is my only calendar program, and I don't want to change, but if I have to to avoid spam, I will.

Nov 25, 2016 9:16 AM in response to AndrewA5

I was flooded with calendar invites last night. I made the mistake of declining the first one, I think that opened the floodgates for more. I immediately realized that by declining the invite all I did was tell the spammers that they had a good address to spam.

If you try to delete the event, you get a dialog indicating that deletion will cause a decline response.

Here's how I got rid of them:

MacOS Sierra

Execute Calendar

Create a new calendar (File->New Calendar) You should end up with a new 'untitled' calendar

Then you will need to right click on each 'ghosted' potential calendar entry and move each of them to the new calendar

Next, right click on the new calendar and choose Delete

Next, choose to delete WITHOUT notification.

Calendar Spam events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.