Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i keep getting voicemail notification when i dont have any voicemsils

Just changed to bt mobile and I keep getting voicemail notifications and a permanent red dot even though there isn't any vm messages left for me. Have tried resetting the phone, leaving a vm and deleting it, reset network, but nothing clears the red dot. It's driving me mad!! I have the iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 25, 2016 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2016 9:36 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, garyfromsouthsea.

If I’m understanding your post right, after switching service to BT Mobile you have had a constant red dot on your phone app. I can certainly understand how that red dot could become a nuisance after being there for awhile. You’re in the right place for a resolution.

That red dot is usually indicative of a problem with your phone connecting to your voicemail, rather than a notification that you have new voicemail messages in your inbox. If voicemail was working properly, you should have a number badge on your Phone app telling you how many voicemails you have. You have already done some great steps to resolve this. Next, I recommend resetting your voicemail password, which can help trigger voicemail to remove the red dot. To do this, go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Passcode. If there is a passcode already set up, you may be prompted to enter it in first. If you don't remember what the passcode is, please follow the steps in If you forget the voicemail passcode on your iPhone .

This should clear that red dot and make it so there is a number badge on your Phone app when there is an unread voicemail.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2016 9:36 AM in response to garyfromsouthsea

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, garyfromsouthsea.

If I’m understanding your post right, after switching service to BT Mobile you have had a constant red dot on your phone app. I can certainly understand how that red dot could become a nuisance after being there for awhile. You’re in the right place for a resolution.

That red dot is usually indicative of a problem with your phone connecting to your voicemail, rather than a notification that you have new voicemail messages in your inbox. If voicemail was working properly, you should have a number badge on your Phone app telling you how many voicemails you have. You have already done some great steps to resolve this. Next, I recommend resetting your voicemail password, which can help trigger voicemail to remove the red dot. To do this, go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Passcode. If there is a passcode already set up, you may be prompted to enter it in first. If you don't remember what the passcode is, please follow the steps in If you forget the voicemail passcode on your iPhone .

This should clear that red dot and make it so there is a number badge on your Phone app when there is an unread voicemail.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Dec 9, 2016 9:53 AM in response to garyfromsouthsea

Unfortunately, you will have to do it with them. Voicemail is handled on the carrier's servers, and all the phone does is process information received from them. It is possible they do not support VVM, and they have to set up your account differently for iPhones. You will probably have to deal with their technical support at higher levels than customer service. Good luck.

i keep getting voicemail notification when i dont have any voicemsils

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.