Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verification code isnt working on Apple TV

I've entered verification code numerous times and can't access purchased movies on the Apple TV.

Posted on Nov 26, 2016 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2016 5:03 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Jimsnaks,

I see you're trying to access purchased movies on your Apple TV and it's not accepting your verification code. I access movies on my Apple TV as well so I understand the concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you check out this article for help with this issue:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
Try adding adding the verification code to the end of you password for your Apple ID without any spaces.

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Let us know if this works.
Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2016 5:03 PM in response to Jimsnaks

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Jimsnaks,

I see you're trying to access purchased movies on your Apple TV and it's not accepting your verification code. I access movies on my Apple TV as well so I understand the concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you check out this article for help with this issue:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID
Try adding adding the verification code to the end of you password for your Apple ID without any spaces.

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Let us know if this works.
Have a great day!

Jan 12, 2017 11:17 AM in response to stuckboss

I have attempted, for hours now, to do this double verification process on my apple tv. I have tried, and tried, and tried! I have added the verification codes immediately following my password, I have skipped spaces just like the password, the only thing I have not done is kill a chicken while entering the password. This is a MESS! If I did not have so much material already invested in Apple products I would find another way to watch my television.

Apr 23, 2017 6:26 PM in response to Jimsnaks

Ran into this with all three of my Apple TVs (newest is probably at least three years old). I got stuck in the loop of username, password, verification code and then right back to username, etc. No way to my purchased library. I made an appointment at my local Apple Store and dragged all the units down there. Yup, it did it for them too. The guy finally said we needed to do a TOTAL reboot of the Apple TV system--you hook up the Apple TV unit to your computer through the USB port, wait for it to show up (like your iPhone or iPod), click on it and then ask to do a total clean out and reinstall (can't remember the phrase--it takes everything back to the default settings). We did it on both and there was my whole library to see and I clicked on and watched in the store a few minutes of different libraries (TV shows, movies). The guy said because of the recent system upgrades the older units just needed a "wake up call" and they would be fine. Hope this helps!

verification code isnt working on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.