Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding an artist photo on Apple Music

I'm publishing my music on iTunes of quite a while and was wondering how do I put my photo as an artist avatar. The other question is how do I change the description. Can someone tell me at least which sources does Apple use to generate the description an the photo? And is there a way I can add it manually

Posted on Nov 26, 2016 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2017 12:41 PM

Here’s how to edit the MP3 song information (also called ID3 tag info):

1. Drag the songs into iTunes

Edit Album Info
2. Find the songs in iTunes, select all songs on the album
3. Right click (or Control + Click) and select “Get Info”
4. Edit the fields for Artist, Year, Album Artist, and Album only.
5. Click OK to save.

Edit Song Info
6. Now select one song at a time go to “Get Info” for each song. Edit the “Name” field for the track title, and the Track Number field (ex. 1 of 3), and click OK to save.
7. Do that for each song.

Find album folder in iTunes library
8. On a Mac, go to Macintosh HD > Users > [your username] > Music > iTunes > iTunes music > [Artist Name]
9. Then Copy the entire Album folder and paste it somewhere else
10. Now you can Compress it, and send it to whomever (or upload it to the website for download). When people download it and play it on their computer/iPod, all songs will come up in the proper order with the proper Album Name.

11. To add Album Artwork, select all songs in the Album, Click “Get Info”, and Check the “Album Artwork” box, and Double Click the box to browse to the image on your computer. Just make sure the album artwork is square! Here’s a longer explanation of adding artwork via iTunes.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2017 12:41 PM in response to tcluchini

Here’s how to edit the MP3 song information (also called ID3 tag info):

1. Drag the songs into iTunes

Edit Album Info
2. Find the songs in iTunes, select all songs on the album
3. Right click (or Control + Click) and select “Get Info”
4. Edit the fields for Artist, Year, Album Artist, and Album only.
5. Click OK to save.

Edit Song Info
6. Now select one song at a time go to “Get Info” for each song. Edit the “Name” field for the track title, and the Track Number field (ex. 1 of 3), and click OK to save.
7. Do that for each song.

Find album folder in iTunes library
8. On a Mac, go to Macintosh HD > Users > [your username] > Music > iTunes > iTunes music > [Artist Name]
9. Then Copy the entire Album folder and paste it somewhere else
10. Now you can Compress it, and send it to whomever (or upload it to the website for download). When people download it and play it on their computer/iPod, all songs will come up in the proper order with the proper Album Name.

11. To add Album Artwork, select all songs in the Album, Click “Get Info”, and Check the “Album Artwork” box, and Double Click the box to browse to the image on your computer. Just make sure the album artwork is square! Here’s a longer explanation of adding artwork via iTunes.

Adding an artist photo on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.