Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock forgot email address

<Re-Titled by Host>

Posted on Nov 26, 2016 7:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2016 4:22 PM in response to supersaiyan5

Hello supersaiyan5,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

It sounds like you have been locked out of your device with Activation Lock. The resource below explains how Activation Lock works and how to reset your Apple ID account information.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

How does Activation Lock work?

When you enable Find My iPhone on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your Apple ID is securely stored on Apple’s activation servers and linked to your device. From that point on, your password is required before anyone can turn off Find My iPhone on your device, erase your device, or reactivate and use your device.

Activation Lock is enabled automatically when you set up Find My iPhone.

What if I forget my Apple ID password?

If you forget your password, you can reset it at your Apple ID account page or you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity.

If you forget your password and can't reset it, you'll lose access to your Apple ID and might be unable to use or reactivate your device. To help prevent this, visit your Apple ID account page periodically to review and update your account information.

If you can't access your information on the Apple ID Account page, click on the link below to get in touch with Apple ID Account Security.

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.