Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failure of data transfer from android to ios

Hello! I try to move data from my android phone to my new iphone by using move to ios but it doesn't work. I saw that the wifi connection on my android phone always turn off after it start connecting to my iphone.

Posted on Nov 27, 2016 6:18 AM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2016 9:39 AM in response to Vuthy88

Hey Vuthy88,

Welcome to the iOS family! I can understand how your information not transferring would be a huge issue.

Have you looked at Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ? It has good suggestions to try if you are having issues.

If you need help with the transfer

If you have issues moving your content, there are a couple of things that you can check:

• Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won't transfer.
  • On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection. For example, turn off features like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then try again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again.

Cheers.

Dec 23, 2016 7:21 PM in response to chris_g1

I've been having the same issue as Vuthy88 and have followed all the steps laid out in Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but the transfer still stalls at "Transferring... 36%" Two things happen:

1) At the beginning of the transfer, my Android device (Samsung S5) disconnects from Wi-Fi and connects to my Apple device (iPhone 7 plus) and,

2) Right at 36%, the transfer stalls, and my iPhone reads "Unable to migrate" while my Android starts receiving app notifications (despite having turned off notifications as well as mobile network connections).

Anybody else have that issue (or any solutions to fix it)?

Failure of data transfer from android to ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.