Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) display problem......HELP!!!!!!!

I usually use my MacBook pro with external monitor.

Today I found out that notebook's display has statics from the start. <----- 1st pic.

But, as soon hook up with external monitor, notebook's display is working fine <--- 2nd pic

Any help? is it a hardware problem?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.1), (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Nov 28, 2016 1:41 PM

8 replies

Nov 29, 2016 4:45 PM in response to TWon2013

When you choose to use an external display, that particular MacBook Pro needs to "borrow" more RAM from system memory for an additional screen buffer, according to this description from everymac.com:

integrated Intel Iris Graphics 6100 graphics processor that shares memory with the system.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i5-2.7- 13-early-2015-retina-display-specs.html

That could be an indication of a memory problem. Have you run Apple Hardware test?

Dec 1, 2016 7:47 AM in response to TWon2013

If you can reproduce this problem whenever you want, make a Genius bar appointment right away and show it to them. Anything that can be reproduced can be fixed (but their fix may be a computer swap, so make a Trusted Backup before you go).

They will want to see it in Safe Mode, where no third-party extensions are loaded. (but Safe Mode uses a very simple display Driver rather than the standard Driver). If it does not occur in Safe Mode, you may need to demonstrate that it happens in clean install with NO Add-ons.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) display problem......HELP!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.