Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - how do I delete photos?

Hi all,

I have an apple TV, gen 3.

When we first installed this, our photostream was on... which we later turned off because any photos taken (my kids, in a store, recipes - stuff to remember) would show on the slideshow photos. I really want to take these off but honestly the number of hours I have spent doing this I give up. I can't for the life of me just delete this folder.. am I doing everything wrong? I went on my icloud online on icloud.com... there are photos there but not the ones in this photo stream. There is no option on the apple tv to delete these as I think they are streamed. help....

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Nov 29, 2016 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2016 12:40 PM

Yes, AppleTV 3 has streamed photos. They are not stored on the AppleTV.

Go to Settings > iCloud and turn it off.

Also Settings > Screen Saver - Photos and make sure iCloud or your computer are not selected.

2 replies

Dec 12, 2016 4:48 AM in response to healthygirl1972

It isn't quite clear what you actually want to delete here, there aren't any folders in the photo stream album.

You can delete photos from your photo stream album on any device that displays it and on your Apple TV 3 by pressing and holding the centre button on the remote then choosing delete from the contextual menu that appears.

Apple TV - how do I delete photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.