Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you tell if the Magic Mouse 2 is charging?

I am trying to charge my Magic Mouse 2, but I don't know how to tell if it is charging. Can someone help me with this?

null-OTHER, Magic Mouse 2

Posted on Nov 29, 2016 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2017 7:13 PM

There is no way to know. There is no indicator of any sort when you have the mouse plugged in.

I have a magic mouse 2 and an magic trackpad 2. Both of them have battery indicators on the status panel but neither of them works. I have been using my mouse for 3 days without plugging it in and it still says it is 100%.
Prior to that, it said it was at 40% so I plugged it in overnight and the next morning it said, yep, 40%. I flipped the plug 180 degrees in the mouse and came back an hour later to find it at 100%. I have not plugged it in since and it is still at 100%.
The same holds true with my track pad. I had to let it die so that I knew it was dead (no longer responding to movements). The **** indicator still said it was at 70%!?!? Then I plugged it in over night and it was still dead in the morning so I rotated the connector 180 and an hour later it was working again. I marked the orientation by making a scratch on the connector with my pocket knife.

Apple is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE when it comes to doing things that make sense. A simple LED is all it would take to tell us that the battery is charging. Obviously they failed at the universal polarity attempt on there connector, and how hard could it be to engineer a status indicator that actually works? For Apple, it is apparently a monumental task to complete basic electronic functions.
How in the **** did they get this far?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2017 7:13 PM in response to yxqjc2

There is no way to know. There is no indicator of any sort when you have the mouse plugged in.

I have a magic mouse 2 and an magic trackpad 2. Both of them have battery indicators on the status panel but neither of them works. I have been using my mouse for 3 days without plugging it in and it still says it is 100%.
Prior to that, it said it was at 40% so I plugged it in overnight and the next morning it said, yep, 40%. I flipped the plug 180 degrees in the mouse and came back an hour later to find it at 100%. I have not plugged it in since and it is still at 100%.
The same holds true with my track pad. I had to let it die so that I knew it was dead (no longer responding to movements). The **** indicator still said it was at 70%!?!? Then I plugged it in over night and it was still dead in the morning so I rotated the connector 180 and an hour later it was working again. I marked the orientation by making a scratch on the connector with my pocket knife.

Apple is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE when it comes to doing things that make sense. A simple LED is all it would take to tell us that the battery is charging. Obviously they failed at the universal polarity attempt on there connector, and how hard could it be to engineer a status indicator that actually works? For Apple, it is apparently a monumental task to complete basic electronic functions.
How in the **** did they get this far?

How do you tell if the Magic Mouse 2 is charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.