Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snapchat notifications but no messages on iPhone

This has been going on for weeks. Snapchat says I have 1 notification but when I open it there are no new chats, photos, videos, nothing. When someone does snapchat me for real it will add on, so if I get one snapchat from my friend it will say 2 in the red notification bubble and once I open the actual snapchat the notification goes back to one it's like there is a ghost snapchat in my inbox. I have tried restarting my phone, signing out and back in, deleting the app and reinstalling, updating snapchat, nothing works. It's more of an annoyance than a problem but it also makes me wonder if it's glitching in other ways like skipping over or deleting snaps before I open them but still reads them as there.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 29, 2016 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 8:09 PM

Thank you! Not only did that work but now I know how to clear my chats!

9 replies

Mar 7, 2017 9:42 AM in response to Olive6284

Im not sure what fixed the problem because i did it all at once but i went to settings and went to notifications and shut them off and back on then i cleared the cache then i deleted old conversations .... Hope this helps

I also noticed that deleting someone i never talked to took it from 2 down to 1 but i couldnt get rid of the one till i did those steps above

Jul 3, 2017 7:50 AM in response to Olive6284

Missed call attempts appear as notifications. So, when someone calls you using Snapchat and you don't answer, it will show a notification until you "view" or click on the missed call in the chat page where you view all of your Snaps.

Click to view the details of the incoming call that you didn't answer, and the notification is cleared.

At least that worked for me.

Snapchat notifications but no messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.