Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio not working, MacBook Pro 13" with touchbar

Hi,

Recently my volume has stopped working on my new MacBook with touchbar, other than that it works perfectly. Whenever I try plugging headphone in too listen it still doesn't play audio. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks, Sam

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Nov 30, 2016 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2017 4:00 AM

Same problem with Macbook Pro 15" 2016 with touch bar. It happens after the computer went to sleep, when it wakes up the sound is not working. First time with these kinds of problems since my first PowerBook G4, I believe that this it what happens when you don´t have anymore a dedicated MacOS team . . .

Btw, the sad solution is to open a console (Terminal.app) and kill the coreaudiod daemon:

sudo killall coreaudiod

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2017 4:00 AM in response to Community User

Same problem with Macbook Pro 15" 2016 with touch bar. It happens after the computer went to sleep, when it wakes up the sound is not working. First time with these kinds of problems since my first PowerBook G4, I believe that this it what happens when you don´t have anymore a dedicated MacOS team . . .

Btw, the sad solution is to open a console (Terminal.app) and kill the coreaudiod daemon:

sudo killall coreaudiod

Jul 26, 2017 8:17 AM in response to Community User

I had this issue too - Macbook 2016, 13" with touchbar, OSX 10.12.6.

No sound through either headphones or internal speakers. "No output device" listed in System Preferences > Sound > Output.

Tried a bunch of things, including

- restart computer

- restart in safe mode

- killall coreaudiod && killall ControlStrip

Resetting NVRAM worked for me (see here).

Mar 6, 2017 5:23 PM in response to Community User

I am having the same issue with my MacBook Pro 13" Touchbar. The audio just randomly stops working and I have to restart the computer. Whenever this problem occurs the headphones don't work and internal speakers don't work either. I've checked and the volume is turned up on the computer as well as on iTunes or on YouTube videos, so I should be getting sound. I've checked the "Sound" settings in System Preferences and everything is set correct. The output device is set for internal speakers. I've called Apple Care several times and they've had me reset my SMC and reboot the computer and that fixes it, but we've not discovered what is causing this issue. I've had this computer less than 5 days.

Audio not working, MacBook Pro 13" with touchbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.