Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wife login and my login - same iPhoto library

My iPhoto library is in the default place under my picture folder...

My wife wants to access our photos under her own login...

We are both admins, so I just added the admin group to have read/write access to my iPhoto folder, told her to hold down the option button when opening up iPhoto, and then browsing to my iPhoto library folder under my user folder...

Is that all there is, or am I missing an important aspect to this setup?

Let me know if this is how you have two system users use the same iPhoto library on the same laptop system...

Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Dec 18, 2006 10:34 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2006 12:25 PM in response to thehickoks

thehickoks:

Check out Lori's post and links regarding sharing libraries.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2151309&#2151309

User uploaded file Do you Twango?

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've written an Automator workflow application, iPhoto dB file backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Wife login and my login - same iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.