Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch stand notification while sleeping

Just converting to Apple Watch 2 after years of Garmin activity trackers. Love the watch so far look forward to discovering it full capabilities.

Woke up at 5AM today because the stand notification was telling me to stand? I guess I slept through the first 6 notifications. Searched for the setting and can't believe this was not thought of. How do I tell my watch that I sleep between 11 and 6?

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2016 4:00 AM

8 replies

Jun 2, 2017 11:04 AM in response to MacPadPhoneWatch

I think this is pretty ridiculous. My AW2 seems to do the same thing randomly (ie. this morning but not yesterday morning). I am not sure why Apple developers wouldn't use the "Bedtime" hours (also set on the phone) as a default DND window to not have the Stand feature go off.

How is this feature even usable if you're supposed to turn it off each night before you go to bed?

I wear my watch to bed because if I get a work call in the middle of the night, I don't wake up my wife.

Dec 1, 2016 5:44 AM in response to MacPadPhoneWatch

Take the watch off, even when you cannot put it on the charger. You will get stand alerts, if the motion sensor indicates that you are wearing the watch and are awake.

Or disable the activity reminders in the Watch app on your iPhone, if you do not want them temporarily: https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apd3bf6d85a6

Control activity reminders. Reminders can help when it comes to meeting goals. Apple Watch lets you know if you’re on track or falling behind your activity goals. To choose which reminders and alerts you’d like to see, open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, then tap Activity.

Suspend coaching for the day. To turn off activity reminders for the rest of the day, open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Activity, then turn on Mute Reminders for Today.

Dec 1, 2016 7:35 AM in response to MacPadPhoneWatch

Hi

You may wish to set up a Do Not Disturb schedule and enable mirroring, so that the scheduled settings also apply to your Apple Watch:

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Do Not Disturb > turn on Scheduled and set the time from (for example) 11pm to 6am.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Do Not Disturb > turn on Mirror iPhone.

With these settings, both your iPhone and Apple Watch will enter into Do Not Disturb mode automatically every day between those times.

The mode can also be enabled manually at any time on either device by swiping up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Centre and tapping on the Do Not Disturb button (crescent moon icon).

With the mirroring option turned on, enabling / disabling the mode manually on one device will also enable / disable it on the other.

Watch stand notification while sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.