Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

! App installation message

Hi,

I own an iPhone 6s, 16GB, IOS 10.1.1.

Since yesterday I've been starting to receive notifications like the following: "i.manage.microsoft.com" is about to install and manage the app "App Center for iPhone v4.20". Your iTunes account will not be charged for this app.

I didn't try to install any app from microsoft recently.

I don't know what might be causing it, and I'd like to get rid of it.

Can you please help ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2016 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 5:39 PM

Goto Settings>General>Management. Remove management.

3 replies

Mar 15, 2017 5:55 PM in response to NSPPatrolBill

Exactly as what Bill said.

Furthermore, some organizations (even schools) use such management software to automatically push new applications that they think are necessary for their employees/students. If you recognize the message, (say, if you work at Microsoft) then I'd say that you might want to accept the app installation notification. Sometimes, enterprises that give their employees iPhones might be managing the device as well.

But as you stated in your post, you don't recognize it, then DON'T. Do whatever Bill said, and get rid of the management. It might be a hack.

-Matt

Jun 26, 2017 7:34 AM in response to Matt_Raj

For most companies, the installation of the Remote Management software on a mobile device is a Security Policy requirement, and SHOULD NOT be removed, or you may lose access to corporate mailbox and other critical work functions , etc.

What you need to do is discuss with your company IT Department why they are pushing the particular application to your iOS iPhone or iPad, and whether or not it should be optional.

! App installation message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.