Related Article: Update your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iTunes app back on my iPhone 6

I somehow deleted my iTunes app but still was able to download the music from my laptop. How do I get my iTunes app out back on?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2016 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2016 7:39 AM

Hi

When looking for the iTunes Store app's icon (or Music, if that is what you mean), keep in mind that you may have moved it to a different Home screen and/or moved it into a folder (which may itself contain multiple pages of apps):

To search for the app, when viewing the Home screen on your iPhone:

• Swipe down on the centre of the screen > in the Search box at the top of the screen, type "itunes store" (or "music") > if the app icon is shown, it will also show (to the right of the app icon) the name of any folder that it has been moved to.
  • You can also tap on the icon from within the search results to open the app.

Another option is to reset your app layout. This removes all folders, restores the original wallpaper and returns the Home screen and all apps to their original layout (third-party apps are listed after built-in apps):

Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Home Screen Layout.

Under iOS 10, you may have removed the app from your iPhone. If so, to add it back:

Open the App Store app, search for "itunes store" (or "music") and add the app (published by Apple) back to your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2016 7:39 AM in response to Goose1966

Hi

When looking for the iTunes Store app's icon (or Music, if that is what you mean), keep in mind that you may have moved it to a different Home screen and/or moved it into a folder (which may itself contain multiple pages of apps):

To search for the app, when viewing the Home screen on your iPhone:

• Swipe down on the centre of the screen > in the Search box at the top of the screen, type "itunes store" (or "music") > if the app icon is shown, it will also show (to the right of the app icon) the name of any folder that it has been moved to.
  • You can also tap on the icon from within the search results to open the app.

Another option is to reset your app layout. This removes all folders, restores the original wallpaper and returns the Home screen and all apps to their original layout (third-party apps are listed after built-in apps):

Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Home Screen Layout.

Under iOS 10, you may have removed the app from your iPhone. If so, to add it back:

Open the App Store app, search for "itunes store" (or "music") and add the app (published by Apple) back to your iPhone.

How do I get iTunes app back on my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.