Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

console.app font size

How can I increase the font size in /Applications/Utilities/Console.app?

I'm using macOS Sierra.

Highlighting the text and doing cmd+ doesn't work.

There is no option for it in the menu at the top.

What -- I have to open my .log files in a text editor?

How can we hack this thing? I did a "show contents" on /Applications/Utilities/Console.app, and looked for something that says "font" or "size", but all that's there is the actual font, no way to change the size.

Posted on Dec 2, 2016 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 3:26 PM

The next best thing I've found is to use terminal with the command tail -f [path to log file]. You can drag a file into terminal to fill out the path for you. Tail will stay running and show changes to the file at the bottom, as new lines are added to the log. Terminal lets you change the font size easily with CMD + or CMD -

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2017 3:26 PM in response to b1202d

The next best thing I've found is to use terminal with the command tail -f [path to log file]. You can drag a file into terminal to fill out the path for you. Tail will stay running and show changes to the file at the bottom, as new lines are added to the log. Terminal lets you change the font size easily with CMD + or CMD -

console.app font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.