Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download iMovie 9.0.9?

I recently downloaded the newest version of iMovie after my computer was reset a few months ago, but prefer the older version of iMovie and would like to revert to that one.

I have already gone to download iMovie from this link, but upon trying to install it I get the message that I need a version of iMovie that is older than 9.0. I tried to download iMovie 8.0.6, and I got the message that 8.0.6 is a part of a package I can't install. Attempting to install the DVDs I received with this computer doesn't work either as I receive a message saying I already have the applications.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 2, 2016 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2017 12:01 PM

I found a terrific tutorial on YouTube that shows how to extract the full version of iMovie 9 (and I'm guessing the versions before that) using the Terminal utility and the from the iMovie downloads page. It's fairly fast (and free). Here's the URL: Get iMovie 9 On Mac OS Sierra 2017! - YouTube

3 replies

Dec 2, 2016 2:38 PM in response to AERW

Hi,

Check your applications folder. iMovie 9 should still be on your computer unless you deleted it.

If it's gone, you can restore it from your Time Machine backup or other backup. Otherwise, you will need to buy a boxed version of iLife '11 from a third party vendor like Amazon or ebay.

Best,

Rich

How do I download iMovie 9.0.9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.