Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Partition Missing after Resize

Hi

I was trying to follow online tutorials for non-destructively resizing my Win7 bootcamp from running out of space.

After using disk utility to shrink down the MacOS, however, the bootcamp partition is still there in disk utility and Finder, but when I restarted, pressing ALT into the booting selection, the windows system was missing and has been that way ever since..

From the disk utility, it looks like this↓

Could anybody help me out of this without deleting the windows?

System is OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 2, 2016 7:04 AM

32 replies

Dec 2, 2016 8:46 AM in response to Loner T

Hi, thanks for the prompt aid, there's quite a lot of professional knowledge to take in here,

I checked the link, so in general, I would need a win7 installation DVD/flash drive for the startup repair?

Would I need to be first able to boot into win7 again to resize the GPT partition (the win7 is still operable from the Parallels Desktop), or is should this be done with Disk utility?

RESIZE is currently FAT32 format, what would a free space look like?

Dec 17, 2016 7:16 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you very much for the professional advice, I've made substantial progress after these steps, now the win7 is again bootable after startup repair, and the system size is expanded smoothly.

Another small issue remains however, that I've been unable to setup a virtual machine in Parallels Desktop via Import from Bootcamp option, and the win7 system is not visible in Mac-Preferences-Startup disk option.

http://kb.parallels.com/cn/11244

Bootcamp Partition Missing after Resize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.