Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waveburner Too Slow

Anybody know why Waveburner has to bounce a playlist each and every time I want to burn a CD?

It's taking at least four times as long to burn a CD as iTunes or Toast.

Also, what does the option to "write session" do?

I tried "bouncing project" and ended up with a 65 HOUR song, which sounds horrible.

I just spent hours mastering in Waveburner and now it will take me three days to burn 40 CDs!

Thanks.

G5 Dual 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 2 G * Logic Pro 7.20 * RME Fireface dbx566 tube compressor dbx586 EQ/Limiter

Posted on Dec 19, 2006 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2006 9:32 AM

Hi,

here is what i do
Just use the bounce project button, it will create a bounce file, close your project and double click on the bounce file, it will open a new waveburner project then burn cd from there.

hope this helps
7 replies

Dec 19, 2006 10:43 AM in response to Johan Carlisle

I use the Bounce Project all of the time with no problems. As mentioned, bounce it to a separate file and use that file to create your CD's. Otherwise, WB will bounce every time.

Write session allows you to write your audio to the disk and still leave it writeable so that you can burn some data to the CD in another write session.

jord

Dec 19, 2006 10:49 AM in response to Pr.Thews

Thank you thank you, merci beaucoup.

My problem was, I would double click the project bounce file but because iTunes was open, it would open in iTunes!

I quit iTunes and doubleclicked and Voila, it opens a new file in Waveburner as you described. Now it burns right away without having to bounce each time.

I wonder why this isn't in the online Waveburner manual?

By the way, another issue I can't solve:
In iTunes one can provide info re each song; name, artist, etc.
How do you do this for Waveburner so the info shows up when someone loads the cd into iTunes? So far, even though I put some info in "cd text" nothing shows up in iTunes.

Thanks again for solving my problem, Pr.Thews.

Peace
Johan

Dec 19, 2006 11:55 AM in response to Johan Carlisle

By the way, another issue I can't solve:
In iTunes one can provide info re each song; name,
artist, etc.
How do you do this for Waveburner so the info shows
up when someone loads the cd into iTunes? So far,
even though I put some info in "cd text" nothing
shows up in iTunes.

That information is not included on a CD. It comes from CDDB.com. To have a CD recognised by iTunes with track info, you must submit that to CDDB (pull down in iTunes). This is intended for commercial CDs and not every demo (as there would be too many listings), but if you are releasing an independant CD I would submit that.

CDtext is for CDtext capable CD players.

Dec 19, 2006 12:50 PM in response to Timothy B Hewitt

Thanks Timothy.

I'm still curious about why my iTunes reads the cd text.

For example, if I type the names, etc. into a cd I'm creating with Waveburner, will someone else's Mac be able to read that? How about a PC?

And finally, since we all swap cds with our demo music on them, why doesn't Waveburner do what iTunes does in this regard?

Thanks again.
Johan

PS: I never solved the I/O plugin issue. I gave up and decided to use the plugins built into Waveburner and it sounds as good as the new L3 and IK TRackS. I think it was you who helped me with that issue.

Dec 20, 2006 2:13 AM in response to Johan Carlisle

You are welcome Johan.

FYI - iTunes does NOT read CDtext info. It's getting it from the web (it can be very fast). So no, all that typing in WB will not show that info on another Mac or PC (Hey, aren't the Intel Pros all PCs now?..), that info will have to come from Gracenote/CDDB.com.

Too bad the I/O plug didn't work out for you, it's a handy thing. If you are liking soft comps, do check out the UAD-1 stuff, I love it.

Waveburner Too Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.