Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus - No Notification Sound When Locked

My new iPhone 7 Plus does not give a notification sound when the phone is locked.

I have already searched and tried everything:

1) Insuring that "Do not Disturb" is not enabled

2) Insuring that "Do not Disturb" is not enabled for certain contacts.

My best guess is that it has something to do with the screen shot attached. I cannot uncheck the "Only While iPhone" is locked option, but it should be moot anyway since Do Not Disturb is not even on, right?

Thank you for any of your suggestions.User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 4, 2016 1:07 PM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2016 1:20 PM in response to bshisself

Did you make sure that the sound for the app that you want to get notified is set up to do so in Settings/Notifications/Your App/sound?

Did you already try to restart the phone by shutting it off and switching it on again?

Next step after that would be force restarting the phone by holding the sleep and volume down button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose data, but it can cure some glitches.

Dec 4, 2016 1:39 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you for taking the time to respond Ingo -

I've checked the settings before, but I did again as you suggested. Everything looks good. Pic below.

I then did the regular restart, and then the sleep+volume down restart - had a friend text me - and still no sound at lock screen. The screen doesn't even light up when someone messages me. I have no way of knowing that someone messaged me. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I thenUser uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus - No Notification Sound When Locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.