Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2016 MacBook Pro battery drained now won't power on

Forgot to plug my new 15" MacBook Pro in and the battery drained completely. Now it won't power up. Left it plugged in for an hour but can't tell if it's charging. Any ideas?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 4, 2016 9:54 PM

11 replies

Mar 4, 2017 1:45 PM in response to marshallfromclayton

Same issue, 15" touch bar. Noticed the battery draining while the computer was plugged into power. It recognized that it was plugged in, but the battery was not charging. At first I unplugged and replugged and it started to charge. Now it no longer charges no matter what I do; reset the SMC, tried other chargers, etc. Talked with Apple tech on the phone and preliminary troubleshooting seems to point to a battery issue at the very least. Will have to take it in and get it fixed or replaced. Pretty disappointed given how new the laptop is (less than 4 months) and how much it cost.

Dec 5, 2016 4:40 PM in response to dallas79

Same issue happened to me today Dec 5. New MBP 2016 w/touch bar 18 days old. Noticed battery level trickling down but I was plugged in "Battery is Not Charging". Immediately took it to the Apple store and was told reports of non-charging units have been reported. Apple is replacing the laptop with a new one but I first needed to take mine home for a quick Time Machine backup. I was told that as long as the laptop is plugged in then it would run. NOT TRUE however so I hope my TMB finished. Anyway, I'll be at the Apple store first thing to pick up my replacement. Apple is providing the support I expect but I do hope this issue is not a reflection of things to come.

2016 MacBook Pro battery drained now won't power on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.