Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail sends ok but does not arrive - just to one address!

I can send mail from my account using Apple Mail and it works just fine... except to one email account where it looks like a perfect send but never arrives. It is in my sent folder. It is not in the recipients spam folder.

What is even stranger: I use an IMAP email service and when I send it using webmail to the same recipient it works just fine. Something in my Apple Mail is preventing the email arriving at the other end (just to the one email address).

Has anyone seen anything like this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2016 1:54 AM

2 replies

Dec 6, 2016 7:24 AM in response to Lambourn

Hey Lambourn,

I can see from your post that you're unable to send emails to one recipient although the settings are correct and you're able to send to others with no issue. Being able to send emails can be crucial for communication and you've come to the right place for support. To get a better understanding of what's going on, please reply to the following question.
- Do emails send if you reply to a received message instead of composing a new one?

Additionally, here are some resources that can help:
If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac
Get help using iCloud Mail
Specifically, use these steps:

If your recipient doesn't receive your message

1. If an “unknown address” or “undelivered mail returned” message appears in your Inbox after you send a message, go to your Sent mailbox and make sure that the recipient's email address is correct.
  2. If you're using OS X Mail or accessing your iCloud Mail using Safari or another supported web browser, check your Drafts, Sent, and Outbox mailboxes:
    • If you see an unsent copy of the message in Drafts, try to send it again.
    • If you see the message in your Outbox, make sure that you're connected to the Internet and use the steps above to select the iCloud SMTP server.
  3. Ask the recipient to check their Junk mail folders or mailboxes.
  4. If your recipient still doesn't receive your message, but your message was sent without any alerts or “undelivered mail” messages, your message might have been blocked or filtered by the iCloud Mail servers or the recipient's mail server. To find out, contact iCloud Support. You should also ask your recipient to contact their email administrator.

Let us know the results of trying these steps.
Take care!

Mail sends ok but does not arrive - just to one address!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.