Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! I was searching through for notes on my ipad and noticed they went missing..? I'm using pc trying to recover them but all I see is DCIM for pics

HELP! I was searching through for notes on my ipad and noticed they went missing..? I'm using pc trying to recover them but all I see is DCIM for pics..any help is much appreciated!

*note i did not manually delete notes so wth?!

its exam week and i need my notes back! no backups. I was looking around in settings>email and notes are checked ..so I checked all email accounts' note section via internet and only see half of the notes..where are the rest? I thought it may be because ipad is full on storage but I have since backup of photos on sd card and still no missing notes, with more space left on ipad.

Again all help is appreciated! thanks in advance!

I am just hating Apple at the moment. Everything is screwing up

and i definitely need to start backing up my ish because of all these problems..uggg

iPad Mini, null

Posted on Dec 5, 2016 10:52 AM

3 replies

Dec 5, 2016 2:26 PM in response to brejaypali

UPDATE: i contacted apple chat support and the rep tells me that since my ipad was full on storage it must have erased my notes and because my ipad is running on ios 7.1.2 and the account the notes were under was iCloud, there would be NO WAY to RECOVER them! the rep said the "older" versions don't save icloud notes?! ha! apple is such a joke! I cannot believe the crap I've gone through these past couple of weeks with APPLE! The irony is that I was writing a complaint letter to Apple's CEO Tim Cooke..ha!

**here is the thing..apple wants you to update your software, but when you do..they ended up screwing something up which brings them more business..my imac was fine until we updated to el capitain in which shortly the computer started working super slowly so we made an appt and the genius bar tech says our harddrive failed and so I had to go back home and back up files and photos. I got home and asked a chat rep what is the quickest way to do that and he said to try safe mode. I tried that, and my harddrive went into recovery mode and so I took it to apple for another appt in which they tell me they need to wipe off my data (restore like new)!!! ALL DATA LOST! The best part is, this genius bar tech says "oh, and your hard drive is just fine, your computer should be running like new again!!" I'm thinking "right, so what was the original cause of all this??!!" I am so ready to relate this all to Mr. Cooke himself!! May even sue the **** company! this time I will write it up on a Windows PC!

HELP! I was searching through for notes on my ipad and noticed they went missing..? I'm using pc trying to recover them but all I see is DCIM for pics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.