Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay - Where is Waze?

There is no category for Apple Car Play :--(

Very disappointed to learn that "Waze" and other popular apps are not available on Apple CarPlay.

Before anyone buys a car with Apple CarPlay, be sure you check what apps are available.

Very sorry Apple is only offering Apple Maps and not "Waze", the most popular navigation app in the world.

Posted on Dec 5, 2016 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2017 10:25 AM

C'mon Apple... CarPlay supports Apple Podcasts and Sticher as well as other podcast apps. Apple Musuc and Pandora, iHeart Radio, Spotify and others. Multiple text service apps.... why not a map service choice like Google Maps or Waze?

22 replies

Jan 21, 2017 10:33 AM in response to ddillas

ddillas wrote:

C'mon Apple... CarPlay supports Apple Podcasts and Sticher as well as other podcast apps. Apple Musuc and Pandora, iHeart Radio, Spotify and others. Multiple text service apps.... why not a map service choice like Google Maps or Waze?

Apple is still not reading here. Use the feedback link provided above to let them know your concerns.

Apr 13, 2017 4:25 AM in response to emilioadrianzen

Two weeks ago, I have shut off CarPlay as it was very, annoying, disappointing and mostly very, very distracting.

Honestly have not missed CarPlay at all and I am much more relaxed and less distracted while driving.

Just too bad Buick cannot give me a rebate on my 2017 Encore

Hopefully Apple will make CarPlay to be as good as all other Apple products soon.

May 19, 2017 11:18 AM in response to Fred Davenport

Yes, if anyone from Apple is reading this, you are annoying your customer base tremendously by not making Wazes or even Google Maps available for use wit Carplay!!! I just bought a brand new Subaru Impreza, and my purchase was strongly influenced by the availability of Carplay. Now I'm just crushingly dissappointed by how HORRIBLE Apple Maps functions for navigation. The travel times are always off by at least 20%, and it has an amazingly annoying habbit of offering me th chance to save "2 minutes" by switching my route -- and then offering to save me "2 minutes" by switching back to my original route. Either fix this terrible appe today, or approve Waze. I am one Very unhappy Apple customer!!!!!

May 20, 2017 4:06 PM in response to hsbb

FYI, Apple is not here in this user to user technical forum, as suggested by Chris use the feedback link.

There seems to be a misunderstanding on how apps are created and by whom.

It is Waze or any other 3rd parties developers to implement the apps and submit them to Apple for approval, Apple do not own Waze or any 3rd party apps.

May 21, 2017 5:03 PM in response to Fred Davenport

Waze is owned by Google and uses Google Maps. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was working on standards and requirements that would allow Google Maps and Waze in their next iOS but I have zero knowledge of it. Or maybe Apple will implement Waze-like features for social traffic and condition reporting.

I'm just happy that Apple CarPlay allows me to listen to other sources of audio while still playing navigation information through the speakers.

Sep 2, 2017 7:52 PM in response to kevincsd

kevincsd wrote:

"You should always buy the tool that best meets your needs." Typical Apple response. You're not the only kid on the block Apple. Come off your high horse and listen to your users. (Post will be removed, as have my others, in 3, 2, 1...)

This is a user-to-user forum. I don't work for Apple. I don't care if you buy an iPhone, a Samsung or decide to give up technology entirely and live in a cave. You should do what works best for you. Buying things that upset you is never a good idea.

Dec 5, 2016 3:53 PM in response to Fred Davenport

Considering that CarPlay is an interface with the iPhone, the initial addition of non-Apple apps would not generally be expected. It is also still in its infancy, and many vehicles and stereo systems do not support it. See this from the iPhone User Guide about CarPlay. http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/#/iphf33a514c9

You do have the option to provide feedback to Apple that you would like to see other apps as part of CarPlay using the feedback link here, http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html. It may help to contact the app developers to see what they can do as far as developing support for CarPlay.

Apple CarPlay - Where is Waze?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.