Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound When running Windows 10 with bootcamp

I bought a Macbook Pro 13" 2012 it had a broken hard drive when i bought it, I replaced the hard drive and tried installing Snow Leopard on it and it tells me that the computer is not compatible and to restart it. I then installed Windows 10 and then later installed boot camp to try to fix drivers, I got everything to work as it should but the sound. I then asked someone and they told me that the audio drivers can not be installed on "UEFI" bios and to change it to "Legacy" i don't really know how to do that so if someone could give me a hand or any ideas on how to get the sound to work in windows 10 i would appreciate it

Posted on Dec 5, 2016 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2016 9:05 PM

Assuming that you can boot into Internet Recover (boot and hold Command+Opt+R), you can use How to install OS X on an external drive connected to your Mac - Apple Support and boot from it. The OS X version that you can install is listed in macOS versions and builds included with Mac computers - Apple Support for your specific model. Snow Leopard is not supported on your specific model.

(Reposted here for continuity).

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2016 9:05 PM in response to Turtleolson

Assuming that you can boot into Internet Recover (boot and hold Command+Opt+R), you can use How to install OS X on an external drive connected to your Mac - Apple Support and boot from it. The OS X version that you can install is listed in macOS versions and builds included with Mac computers - Apple Support for your specific model. Snow Leopard is not supported on your specific model.

(Reposted here for continuity).

Dec 6, 2016 6:28 AM in response to Loner T

I'm not going to run windows now that i got it working on mac os the only reason i wanted to run windows was because i couldn't get the snow leopard to work on it i didn't know that it was to out dated till last night but now that i got it working on mac i'm just going to let it go i'm happy that everything is working and maybe later down the road i'll go back to windows with bootcamp but till them i'm happy with lion and ill deal with it

No sound When running Windows 10 with bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.