Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 2 not turning on

So I've been using my brand new Apple Watch Series 2 42mm since last week and I haven't had any issues whatsoever, until today. My watch started overheating for no reason and turned off automatically. When turned on, it overheated again and turn off by itself and now it does not respond. It does not turn on, not even by pressing both the digital crown and power button (hard reset).

Any help?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2016 7:09 AM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2016 7:15 AM in response to yankicolon

Hi

If you have not yet done so, remove your watch from your wrist and allow time for it to cool down, keeping it off the charger:

Keep Apple Watch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

After it has cooled, try starting or, if necessary, force restarting it again (press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the logo).

If that does not help, next try charging your watch for around 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:

• Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
  • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Dec 6, 2016 7:18 AM in response to yankicolon

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having your watch checked and, if recommended, serviced or replaced under warranty:

Apple Watch Series 2 not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.