Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"For you," "Browse," "Radio," "iTunes Store" are not showing

When I open iTunes on my Macbook Pro, only the "Library" tab will show anything. Switching to the "For You," "Browse," "Radio," tabs, I am shown a blank white background with an Apple Music logo. On the "iTunes Store" tab, its merely blank. Anyone have any idea how I would solve this issue?

Posted on Dec 6, 2016 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2017 3:01 PM

Can confirm the same issue. "For You", "Browse" And "Radio" are basically "dead" since 2-3 days. iTunes store shows and runs normal. Shows all purchases completely normal and downloads work just fine (just downloaded an older purchase I hadn't added again).

The website "down detector" has numerous people reporting the same issue. Most seem to be on older OS versions. I can't change my OS right now to OS X 10.11 or macOS Sierra and I shouldn't be forced to just because of Apple Music. This has to be fixed

OS X 10.10.5, iTunes 12.6.1.27, Late 2013 Mac Pro

38 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2017 3:01 PM in response to loyalcoug

Can confirm the same issue. "For You", "Browse" And "Radio" are basically "dead" since 2-3 days. iTunes store shows and runs normal. Shows all purchases completely normal and downloads work just fine (just downloaded an older purchase I hadn't added again).

The website "down detector" has numerous people reporting the same issue. Most seem to be on older OS versions. I can't change my OS right now to OS X 10.11 or macOS Sierra and I shouldn't be forced to just because of Apple Music. This has to be fixed

OS X 10.10.5, iTunes 12.6.1.27, Late 2013 Mac Pro

Jun 8, 2017 12:36 PM in response to JohnArtist

My OS X is 10.10.5. Referring to my earlier post -- Oddly, I just re-downloaded iTunes (nothing fancy, just quit iTunes, went to the regular download for iTunes site Apple - Support - Downloads and downloaded 12.6.1) and when I re-opened the newly downloaded iTunes, Apple Music worked. It still shows as 12.6.1.27 and my OS X is the same, so who knows. Maybe this will help others.

May 15, 2017 7:26 AM in response to mstpierre1

I swear this was working yesterday. But a week ago I migrated my home folder to another drive. I had permissions problems.

I thought I fixed them.

But now I've got a blank screen for "Browse" and "Radio".

Additionally typing anything in the search bar, does absolutely nothing.

Apple seems REALLY BAD at explaining to people when there's a file missing or permission problem. The error messages are generally not at all accurate or as in this case, nonexistent! So I feel like this might be other people's problems with this situation.

But, having fixed all permissions on my home folder, maybe I have no clue. It's amazing to hear that a complete reinstall of macOS did NOT solve this problem.

How could such a thing be a hardware problem? What piece of hardware breaks only one tiny part of only the iTunes software?

It looks like it's still backing up my iPhone, so.... I suppose I can cancel my Apple Music subscription since it's pretty useless now.

Jun 6, 2017 4:18 PM in response to mstpierre1

I have got this issue too!

Only "Itunes Store" tab works. Switching to "For You", "Browse" and "Radio" tabs shows nothing, just blank tabs. Also "Library" tab freezes and scrolls badly.

Itunes worked well just on last Sunday but starting from yesterday it works with these issues.

I have got MacBook Pro 2014 Mid with OS X Mavericks 10.9.5.

Jun 6, 2017 5:12 PM in response to mstpierre1

The same problem stated in this thread is happening to me on 2 different Macs running Yosemite (10.10.5). The last time I updated iTunes was May 24. It was running flawlessly until 2 days ago. Suddenly, the windows "For You," "Browse" and "Radio" show up blank. The Library and Store windows are fine. I am logged in to my account. I have added songs to my library using my phone. The songs show up fine. The issue is with iTunes desktop on my Mac. What happened since 2 days ago?

Jun 7, 2017 4:31 AM in response to mstpierre1

Got same issue, just happened today for me. "For You", "Browse" And "Radio" are all blank. iTunes store shows and runs normal.

I suspect as I havn't upgraded to macOS Sierra its causing fault with old OS. This is becoming a pattern, why should I have to update for things to work. Seems lots of people have this issue, fix it!

Jun 7, 2017 2:36 PM in response to mstpierre1

Same problem here, the windows "For You," "Browse" and "Radio" show up blank in iTunes.

iTunes worked well till a couple of days ago. Updated iTunes to 12.6.1 on May 24th, maybe it is related as was working fine before.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.5

Apple, please sort this out quick!

Jun 8, 2017 4:21 AM in response to mstpierre1

Exact same problem here in Manitoba, Canada.

Happening on both my 2013 Macbook running 10.10.5 and my older iMac running 10.9.5

Web chatted with Apple support and he suggested updating my OS to Sierra, which I said I couldn't do. He said he ran into the same problem and updating the OS worked.

Upgrading the entire OS when Apple Music worked just a couple of days ago is not a good solution in my opinion.

Jun 8, 2017 12:20 PM in response to mstpierre1

Update: without doing anything to my OS X 10.10.5 system respectively iTunes, this just started to work again. All three tabs "For You, "Browse" and "Radio" appear again as normal. I can only assume this was either an outage of some sort on an error on Apple's end. I literally did nothing else but starting up my Late 2013 Mac Pro just now and started iTunes and voilà.

What seems to have changed is the need for having to use "iCloud Music Library" if I want to add albums to playlists now. I don't remember this being the case. Nevertheless the actual issue seems to be solved.

Jun 8, 2017 12:48 PM in response to polkadots17

THANKS! I am back up and running, too. And I didn't have to do something as drastic (such as delete and redownload iTunes). I thought I was up-to-date, but lo and behold, a look at the App Store ( > App Store... ) told me my iTunes (10.6.1.25) was outdated! I updated the app (which required a restart) to 10.6.1.27 and my tabs are back! Note: the tabs look new, and reflect changes described in the Apple Event from this week. So, the timing was correct with what people were saying.

Don't upgrade your OS!! Upgrade your iTunes!

🙂

"For you," "Browse," "Radio," "iTunes Store" are not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.