Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No 96KHz audio support on 2016 MBP?

I often listen to hi-res 96KHz music through iTunes and the headphone jack (on my old 2010 MBP), but I just plugged in my headphones to the new 2016 MBP (15") and I only get 44.1 and 48KHz showing up in AudioMIDI Setup. Is there a fix for this? This is not cool at all.

The obvious workaround is to use an external interface, but that's not practical on the bus....

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 12:08 AM

Yes, in Apple they simply lose their mind and seems to go directly to anus ... Sorry ... To clearly degrade the headphone output on the "best" and "most revolutionary" (and also most expensive) MacBook ever is simply mad. They could not care less about serious users. This is how it worked on all macbooks prior to 2016, this is how it works now. Disgusting it is.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2017 12:08 AM in response to shaynewhite

Yes, in Apple they simply lose their mind and seems to go directly to anus ... Sorry ... To clearly degrade the headphone output on the "best" and "most revolutionary" (and also most expensive) MacBook ever is simply mad. They could not care less about serious users. This is how it worked on all macbooks prior to 2016, this is how it works now. Disgusting it is.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

No 96KHz audio support on 2016 MBP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.