Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VR Headset for iPod Touch 6

Any of the VR headsets work with an iPod Touch? Everything I search really only references the iPhone. If the VR headset is ios compatible would either a phone or a touch work? My IT friend didn't think so, but inquiring for a child who wants a VR headset but doesn't have a phone. Thnx

iPod touch, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Hi,

I work for a school district and we are looking for an iPod Touch compatible VR goggle as well. Some headsets say they are compatible with the iPod touch, but we haven't had any luck yet.

We tried the iPod touch in both the Viewmaster and another brand headset, and although it technically fits there is a small gap on either side which takes away some of the "virtual" experience. While we were using it, we were continually aware of the iPod touch as we could see the edges.

If anyone has better luck, I would love an answer to this as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2017 9:46 AM in response to fairwaylabs

Hi,

I work for a school district and we are looking for an iPod Touch compatible VR goggle as well. Some headsets say they are compatible with the iPod touch, but we haven't had any luck yet.

We tried the iPod touch in both the Viewmaster and another brand headset, and although it technically fits there is a small gap on either side which takes away some of the "virtual" experience. While we were using it, we were continually aware of the iPod touch as we could see the edges.

If anyone has better luck, I would love an answer to this as well.

VR Headset for iPod Touch 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.