Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which case is compatible with iPod touch 6?

Hello.

I'll be buying an iPod touch 6th generation.

Two questions:

1. Which case is compatible with it? (iPhone 6 case? iPod touch specific case?);

2. I'm aware that the iPod touch doesn't come with a magsafe... I've seen some for sale on the Apple website... but, which one will be the best for it? (is the iPhone 5 magsafe compatible with the iPod touch 6?).

Thanks in advance for any information you may give me.

Kins regards.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 11:10 AM

The gen 5 ipod and 6th gen iPod are exactly the same size. The only difference is that hte 5th gen models have a little lanyard loop that the 6th gen doesn't have (so a case may have a small round hold on the lower back).

iPhone 5 cases will fit the iPods, the volume up and down buttons are just a bit off and the iPod is a couple of milimeters thinner.

The only place you can probably find iPod cases might be toys r us, maybe target and amazon.

for mine i just use cheap iPhone cases and keep it in a small zipper bag ( I'm a protect the expensive electronics kind of person, not the kind to just toss it in my bag or pocket and hope for the best...bit silly that way.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2016 11:10 AM in response to JMPC

The gen 5 ipod and 6th gen iPod are exactly the same size. The only difference is that hte 5th gen models have a little lanyard loop that the 6th gen doesn't have (so a case may have a small round hold on the lower back).

iPhone 5 cases will fit the iPods, the volume up and down buttons are just a bit off and the iPod is a couple of milimeters thinner.

The only place you can probably find iPod cases might be toys r us, maybe target and amazon.

for mine i just use cheap iPhone cases and keep it in a small zipper bag ( I'm a protect the expensive electronics kind of person, not the kind to just toss it in my bag or pocket and hope for the best...bit silly that way.)

Dec 7, 2016 11:20 AM in response to Skydiver119

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm just like you: overprotective of expensive equipments! haha

About the magsafe... are you aware of what voltage/model should I buy? I don't mind accessing my Mac in order to charge the iPod... but it would be nice to do it with an optional accessory (though, truth be told, I'd rather buy a dock)...

Thanks! 😀

Which case is compatible with iPod touch 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.