You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store 'Update All' requires me to enter password

On my iphone 6s, version 10.1.1, in the App store, when I press 'Update All', it requires a password. However, when I just individually update apps, it does NOT require me to enter password. TouchId is enabled. I don't want to enter password for 'Update All'. This started happening after I turned on restrictions. I have restrictions turned off now.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 11:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2017 3:23 AM

Hi the same thing happened to me too after I turned on restrictions. Now restrictions are turned off, but still I have to enter my password to proceed with update all. For all other purchases in the appstore touch id works! Could you find any other solution for this so far?

9 replies

Dec 7, 2016 11:52 AM in response to edvio

edvio wrote:

On my iphone 6s, version 10.1.1, in the App store, when I press 'Update All', it requires a password. However, when I just individually update apps, it does NOT require me to enter password. TouchId is enabled. I don't want to enter password for 'Update All'. This started happening after I turned on restrictions. I have restrictions turned off now.

Likely there is an app from someone else's account that requires their password.

App store 'Update All' requires me to enter password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.