Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to disable Find My iPhone

Ultimate aim is to do a Restore iPhone.

According to the Apple support docs (Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings - Apple Support) I should disable Find My iPhone on the phone first. However, when I toggle the Find My iPhone setting and input my password and press Turn Off, after a few seconds I just receive the following error:

Verification Failed

There was an error connecting to iCloud.

Cancel | Retry

Once, I received this error:

Verification Failed

This Action Cannot Be Completed

OK

So I can't disable Fine My iPhone, and I can't Restore iPhone in iTunes. How can I proceed?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 1:24 PM

Hello, Chris0hN0.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are unable to restore the iPhone because of an error received after entering the password for Find My iPhone. I will be happy to assist you with this. If you are unable to turn off Find My iPhone from Settings on the device, then try these steps from the article iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Remove an iOS device or Mac on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to Find My iPhone and other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account.

User uploaded file

If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

Cheers.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2016 1:24 PM in response to Chris0hN0

Hello, Chris0hN0.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are unable to restore the iPhone because of an error received after entering the password for Find My iPhone. I will be happy to assist you with this. If you are unable to turn off Find My iPhone from Settings on the device, then try these steps from the article iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Remove an iOS device or Mac on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to Find My iPhone and other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account.

User uploaded file

If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

Cheers.

Unable to disable Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.