Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a contact from a group chat on the iPhone 7?

I added someone to a group chat and she didn't want me to add her. She wants me to remove her but I don't know how. I'm using an iPhone 7. I know how to remove people on my iPad. I recently got my iPhone 7 and I'm still getting used to it. Thanks to anyone who can answer my question.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2017 7:30 AM

How do I delete people from all group chats, FB, Messenger, texts, settings, icloud, yahoo, etc. on my iPhone 6s; step by step please for each separate category that is possible for me to perhaps be able to do. Please number each consecutive step for each applicable function or category, in your instructions.

2 replies

Dec 8, 2016 2:24 PM in response to TheLivingCookie

Hi ​TheLivingCookie,

I understand that you would like to remove a contact from a group message on your iPhone. I know it's important to be able to manage your groups and contacts and I can assist you. The following steps will show you how to remove a contact:

Add or remove someone from a group conversation

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people.

Add a person

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file
Tap the group conversation you want to add someone to.

1. Tap User uploaded fileUser uploaded file​, then tap Add Contact.
  2. Enter the contact information for the person you want to add. Then tap Done.

Remove a person

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file
Tap the group conversation that has the contact you want to remove.

1. Tap User uploaded fileUser uploaded file​, then swipe left over the name of the person you want to remove.
  2. Tap Delete, then tap Done.

You can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages.

Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If this is a group MMS or SMS message, you will not be able to remove anyone and you'll need to start a new group conversation without the contact you're trying to remove. This help article has more information about these kinds of messages: About iMessage and SMS/MMS

​Happy Holidays!

How do I remove a contact from a group chat on the iPhone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.