Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water stains in my iPhone 7 screen

Hello,

I got a water stain in my water-resistant iPhone 7 Plus after i washed it gently with water this morning.

Kindly advice what should i do next as the stains is kinda annoying.User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 2:41 AM

Hi

Do not try to turn on, use or charge your iPhone whilst moisture may be present internally.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to have your iPhone checked and to establish your available service options, timescales and cost.

Note that iPhone 7 is splash and water resistant, but it is not waterproof and it should not be intentionally submerged in water.

More information:

Liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

About iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus splash, water, and dust resistance - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2016 2:41 AM in response to Hanglim

Hi

Do not try to turn on, use or charge your iPhone whilst moisture may be present internally.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to have your iPhone checked and to establish your available service options, timescales and cost.

Note that iPhone 7 is splash and water resistant, but it is not waterproof and it should not be intentionally submerged in water.

More information:

Liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - Apple Support

About iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus splash, water, and dust resistance - Apple Support

Water stains in my iPhone 7 screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.