Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE , USB Device not recognized ( Code 43)

Hi all,

Iam having an Iphone SE for last few months and never had any connection issue with my laptop.

After a brief break i tried to connect the phone to my laptop and all iam getting is 'code 43'

Already tried trouble shoots (failed though 😟 )

1. Trying different port/ Cable

2. Changing power settings and USB wake functions

3. Updating/Reinstalling Itunes

4. Updating Device firmware

All this turns out to be futile, It would be great help if anyone can suggest any methods/Ideas to solve this.

Laptop is running on Windows 10.

Thank you.

iPhone SE, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 2:12 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2016 5:33 PM in response to Dhanish1988

Hi Dhanish1988,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that your Windows 10 PC is giving you "Error 43" when you connect your iPhone SE. I also see that you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting so far, I appreciate you sharing that information, it's very helpful. I know it's important to be able to manage your media using iTunes and I can assist you. The error code you're seeing is likely a Windows error that has to do with the iPhone's device drivers. Follow the steps in this help article from the section titled, "If you use a Windows PC" to troubleshoot these: If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod .

If you find, after following all of the steps in the help article, that you're still getting the same error code, you may want to contact Microsoft for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards.

Iphone SE , USB Device not recognized ( Code 43)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.